|Member of the Scottish Parliament |
for Highlands and Islands
(1 of 7 Regional MSPs)
Assumed office |
3 May 2007
6 May 1999 – 1 May 2003
26 June 1963|
Stornoway, Outer Hebrides
|Political party||Scottish Labour Party|
|Alma mater||Open University|
In the 1999 election she was elected to a list seat for the Highlands and Islands.
Grant thinks that there is a significant connection between pornography and the sex industry and "abuse and violence against women". "We have to ask if more should be done to make the viewing or downloading of porn from the internet more difficult. I think there should be filters in place to help that process."
- "Previous MSPs: Session 1 (1999-2003): Rhoda Grant". Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Previous MSPs: Session 3 (2007-2011): Rhoda Grant". Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- Loxton, Rachel (23 June 2013). "Campaigners: 'We need more controls to back up Scottish anti-porn laws'". Sunday Herald. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- Rhoda Grant MSP biography at the Scottish Parliament website
- Rhoda Grant website
- Caithness News Bulletins Elections 2007 Caithness Community website