Revolución: El cruce de los Andes
|Revolución: El cruce de los Andes|
|Directed by||Leandro Ipiña|
Rodrigo de la Serna|
|Narrated by||Juan Carlos Gené|
|Theme music composer||
|Country of origin||Argentina|
|Running time||95 min.|
|Distributor||Distribution Company (ARG)|
Revolución: El cruce de los Andes (English: Revolution: The Crusade of the Andes) is a 2010 Argentine historical epic film directed by Leandro Ipiña and starring Rodrigo de la Serna. It premiered during the bicentennial of Argentina. It was initially named San Martín: El cruce de los Andes (Spanish: San Martín: The Crossing of the Andes).
The film follows the life of José de San Martín, with special focus on the Crossing of the Andes. Production was done by Channel 7 and Channel Encuentro. It was premiered in Mar del Plata on November 15, 2010.
The story starts in 1880, near the date when the remains of the deceased José de San Martín were moved to Buenos Aires. A veteran of the Army of the Andes gets an interview for the event, and the narration continues mostly through a flashback. The telling of the events does not follow the complete biography of San Martín, focusing instead in the Crossing of the Andes and the later Battle of Chacabuco.
- Rodrigo de la Serna ... José de San Martín
- Juan Ciancio ... Manuel Corvalán (young)
- León Dogodny ... Manuel Corvalán (old)
- Lautaro Delgado ... Reporter
- Victor Hugo Carrizo ... Villagrán
- Pablo Ribba ... Fray Aldao
- Alberto Morle ... Sargento Blanco
- Guillermo Kuchen ... Mayor Luna
- Alberto Ajaka ... Álvarez Condarco
- Matías Marmorato ... Fray García
- Abel Ezequiel Arabales ... Chasqui
- Martín Rodríguez ... Soler
- Corina Romero ... Landlady
- Javier Olivera ... Bernardo O’Higgins
- Alfredo Castellani ... Corvalán's Father
- Ana Gutiérrez ... Remedios de Escalada
- Lucrecia Oviedo ... Corvalán's Mother
- Juan Carlos Gené ... Narrator
The production of the movie was announced at Casa Rosada, with the presence of President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, the governor of the province of San Juan, José Luis Gioja, Minister of Education Juan Carlos Tedesco, the director of the National System of Public Media, Tristán Bauer, and actor Rodrigo de la Serna.
At the announcement, the President stated that "this is a very special moment for everyone because addressing from public television the Crossing the Andes is more than just remember a milestone in the struggle for emancipation." She explained that the movie would focus on the personal traits of San Martin, and pointed that if San Martín "had listened to the voices who say that nothing can be done, that everything is impossible, he would still be in Mendoza and we would be subjects of the King of Spain.".
The filming started on June 1 of 2009 at the Calingasta valley in the province of San Juan, with a crew of more than 100 people. Along with de la Serna, there were 15 principal actors in the film, and more than 1400 extras. The scenes filmed in Mendoza ended up being shot the following August.
- Adolfo C. Martínez (2011-04-07). "Revolución, el cruce de los Andes" (in Spanish). La Nación.
- Presentó Cristina la película de Canal 7 sobre San Martín (Spanish)
- Película sobre José de San Martín lo muestra enérgico y aterrorizado por posibles traidores (Spanish)
- Presentación de la película "San Martín, el cruce de Los Andes" (Spanish)
- San Martín. El Cruce de los Andes (Spanish)
- El Santo de la espada… y el cine (Spanish)
- San Martín: El cruce de Los Andes at the Internet Movie Database
- Revolución at Distribution Company website