Retail Week is a UK-based news magazine, website and data service covering the retail industry.
The magazine is published every Friday. Retail Week has an average net circulation of 7,785 (ABC Certified) and a readership of 39,000. Subscribers are primarily retail company board directors and senior managers, as well as suppliers to retailers and investment analysts.
Retail Week launched a news website, Retail-week.com, in 2004. The site was redesigned and relaunched in 2007 and again in 2009. Retail-week.com has 110,000 unique users and 419,000 page impressions per month.
Chris Brook-Carter has been editor in chief of Retail Week since March 2012. The previous editors were Tim Danaher, Patience Wheatcroft (1988–1992), Ian McGarrigle (1992–1996), Kate Oppenheim (1996–1999) and Neill Denny (1999–2004).
Retail Week runs an annual conference in London called Retail Week Live for leaders of the retail industry.
- Jennifer Creevy "Retail Week founder appointed non-executive of Shaftesbury", Retail Week, 27 February 2008. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Emap Brands: Retail Week", Emap, n.dat. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Chris Brook-Carter appointed to newly created role of Retail Week editor-in-chief", Retail Week, 11 January 2012 Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "As one Week ends, another begins for new editor Danaher", Press Gazette, 12 November 2004 Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Retail Week editor Denny takes top role at Bookseller", Press Gazette, 20 August 2004 Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- Sweney, Mark (5 October 2015). "Emap brand to be scrapped as all its titles move digital-only". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 October 2015.