Requiem for a Secret Agent
|Requiem for a Secret Agent|
|Directed by||Sergio Sollima|
|Produced by||Alberto Grimaldi|
Antonio del Amo
Peter van Eyck
Antonio Pérez Olea|
Piero Umiliani (uncredited)
|15 October 1966|
203,014 admissions (France)|
1,129,042 admissions (Spain)
Requiem for a Secret Agent (also known as Requiem per un agente segreto) is an Italian international co-production Eurospy film. It was co-produced with Spain (where it was released as Consigna: Tánger 67) and West Germany (where it was released as Der Chef schickt seinen besten Mann).
The film was directed by Sergio Sollima, and was Sollima's third and last Eurospy film, and the first one he directed with his real name (in the two previous spy films he was credited as Simon Sterling). It was shot in Morocco.
- Stewart Granger: Jimmy Merrill
- Daniela Bianchi: Evelyn
- Peter van Eyck: Oscar Rubeck
- Giulio Bosetti: Erik
- Maria Granada: Betty Lou
- Giorgia Moll: Edith
- John Karlsen: Franco
- Luis Induni: Charles Bressart
- Gianni Rizzo: Atenopoulos
The film's theme song was "Before it's Too Late", sung by Lydia MacDonald.
- Box office information for Stewart Granger films in France at Box Office Story
- Lino Miccichè. Storia del cinema italiano, Vol.11. Edizioni di Bianco & nero, 2002. p. 162. ISBN 88-317-7850-1.
- Jack G. Shaheen. Reel bad Arabs: how Hollywood vilifies a people. Olive Branch Press, 2009. p. 423. ISBN 1-56656-752-1.
- Marco Giusti. 007 all'italiana. Isbn Edizioni, 2010. pp. 211–212. ISBN 88-7638-187-2.