22 May 1903|
Potsdam, German Empire
23 November 1984|
|Years active||1931-1944 (film)|
René Métain (22 May 1903 – 23 November 1984) was a German film editor. He was born in Potsdam into a family of French origin. His elder brother was the cinematographer Charles Métain. He edited twenty two films during his career including the 1937 comedy Napoleon is to Blame for Everything.
- The Empress and I (1933)
- The Only Girl (1933)
- Fruit in the Neighbour's Garden (1935)
- Three Girls for Schubert (1936)
- Napoleon is to Blame for Everything (1937)
- Wibbel the Tailor (1939)
- Hotel Sacher (1939)
- We Danced Around the World (1939)
- The Golden Spider (1943)
- Langford, Michelle. Directory of World Cinema: Germany. Intellect Books, 2012.