Red & Black
|Owner(s)||Washington & Jefferson College|
|Website||Red & Black|
Red & Black is the student newspaper for Washington & Jefferson College. The student staff handles all aspects of the production, including writing, editing, graphic design, layout, and advertising sales. The Red & Black features campus events and happenings, student and faculty art, student opinion, college athletic coverage, and local and world news. Founded in 1909, the paper goes to press every Thursday with a weekly circulation of 1,250 copies.
The Red & Black has been a member of the Society of Collegiate Journalists since 1924. In 2004, the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) named the Red & Black one of "Best All-Around Non-Daily newspapers" in the Northeast. In 2006, the Red & Black editorial staff was recognized by the SPJ for its editorial writing.
- "W&J: Red & Black". Washington & Jefferson College.
- "Chapters". Society for Collegiate Journalists.
- "2004 Mark of Excellence Awards Finalists". Society of Professional Journalists. 2005.
- Porter, Heather (2007-04-16). "SPJ Announces 2006 Region 1 Mark of Excellence Award Winners". Archived from the original on 2012-10-06.
- "W&J: Red & Black staff (1962)". U. Grant Miller Library Digital Archives. Washington & Jefferson College. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28.