Location of Reci
|Coordinates: 45°51′0″N 25°56′0″E / 45.85000°N 25.93333°ECoordinates: 45°51′0″N 25°56′0″E / 45.85000°N 25.93333°E|
|• Mayor||Lajos Dálnoki (Democratic Union of Hungarians in Romania)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
- Aninoasa / Egerpatak
- Bita / Bita
- Saciova / Szacsva
It also included Comolău (Komolló) village until 1968, when it was disestablished.
A Roman settlement was discovered near Reci, from the 4th century, belonging to the Sântana de Mureș culture. A settlement and a grave from the 10th-11th centuries were discovered on the right bank of the Negru River. Until 1918, the village belonged to the Háromszék County of the Austro-Hungary. After the Treaty of Trianon of 1920, it became part of Romania.