The Convention on Wetlands, known as the Ramsar Convention, is an intergovernmental environmental treaty established in 1971 by UNESCO, and coming into force in 1975. It provides for national action and international cooperation regarding the conservation of wetlands, and wise sustainable use of their resources.
The Ramsar sites are recorded on the List of Ramsar wetlands of international importance,
The non-profit organisation Wetlands International provides access to the Ramsar database via the Ramsar Sites Information Service.
- Ramsar Classification System for Wetland Type
- Ramsar sites by country
- List of parties to the Ramsar Convention
- Wetlands conservation topics
- Ramsar.org homepage . accessed 03.10.2016.
- Ramsar.org: Ramsar Sites List . accessed 03.10.2016.
- Ramsar.org: Ramsar Sites Information Service website, by Wetlands International . accessed 03.10.2016.
- Ramsar Sites Information Service.org: Official List of all Ramsar Sites website — via Ramsar Sites Information Service.
- https://rsis.ramsar.org/ris-search/?f=pictureAvailable_b%3Atrue&pagetab=1 Ramsar Sites Information Service.org: — images of Ramsar Sites]
- Ramsar.org: Ramsar Convention website