Jorge Durán Chávez|
Marcia del Río
|Directed by||Pedro Damián|
|Opening theme||Quinceañera by Timbiriche|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||
91 (of 41-44 minutes)
|Executive producer(s)||Carla Estrada|
21-22 minutes (episodes 1-24)|
41-44 minutes (episodes 25-103)
|Distributor||Televisa S.A. de C.V.|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||October 5, 1987 – February 26, 1988|
|Preceded by||Senda de gloria|
|Followed by||Amor en silencio|
Primer amor, a mil por hora (2000)|
Miss XV (2012)
Quinceañera (English title: Sweet 15) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Carla Estrada for Televisa in 1987. Quinceañera was the first telenovela to talk about substance abuse, date rape and gangs, and is considered to be the first telenovela made for teenagers.
Quinceañera was named by the Associated Press as one of the 10 most influential telenovelas ever to air in Latin America, and Univision tlnovelas viewers named it one of their all-time favorite Mexican telenovelas. In 2010, Quinceañera was placed #7 on the People en Español's "20 Best Telenovelas" list, and in 2012, Terra named it as one of the 50 best telenovelas of all-time.
"The Best Telenovela of the Year" (Premios TVyNovelas 1988)
Maricruz (Adela Noriega) and Beatriz (Thalía) are classmates and best friends. Maricruz is from a working-class family, while Beatriz's is very wealthy. They are both 14 and excited about their quinceañera parties and becoming women.
Mechanic's apprentice Pancho (Ernesto Laguardia) and gang tough Memo (Sebastián Ligarde) are attracted to Maricruz. Maricruz is immediately disgusted by Memo and eventually accepts Pancho's love. Memo attacks Maricruz; she faints before he can rape her, but he lets her believe he did rape her. She feels violated, defiled, and unworthy of Pancho and believes he won't want her now.
At the same time, Maricruz's brother Gerardo (Rafael Rojas) starts dating Beatriz when their mother pressures her children to raise their social class. When Beatriz becomes pregnant, her family supports her after their initial horror. Both girls realize that the passage to womanhood was not what they expected.
- Adela Noriega as Maricruz Fernández Sarcoser
- Thalía as Beatriz Villanueva Contreras
- Ernesto Laguardia as Pancho
- Armando Araiza as Chato
- Julieta Egurrola as Carmen Sarcoser de Fernández
- Sebastian Ligarde as Guillermo "Memo" López
- Fernando Ciangherotti as Sergio Iturralde Contreras
- Nailea Norvind as Leonor Gutiérrez
- Rafael Rojas as Gerardo Fernández Sarcoser
- Blanca Sánchez as Ana María Contreras de Villanueva
- Omar Fierro as Arturo
- Inés Morales as Elvira Contreras Vda. de Iturralde
- Maricarmen Vela as Enriqueta Solórzano
- Roberto Ballesteros as Antonio
- Karen Sentíes as Teresa
- Jorge Lavat as Roberto Villanueva
- Julieta Bracho as Srta. Palmira
- Silvia Caos as Consuelo
- René Muñoz as Timoteo "Timo"
- Abraham Méndez as Ernesto
- Rosario Granados as Rosalía Vda. de Contreras
- Carlos Espejel as Indalecio "Reintegro"
- Luis Bayardo as Ramón Fernández
- Roberto Carrera as Joaquín
- Alejandra Gollas as Adriana Fernández Sarcoser
- Margarita Sanz as Eduviges Sarcoser
- Ana Bertha Espín as Estela
- Cristopher Lago as Carlitos
- Lucero Lander as Alicia
- Meche Barba as Lupe
- Marta Aura as Gertrudis
- Ricardo D'loera as Lic. Espinoza
- Alicia Montoya as Licha
- Lucha Moreno as Virginia Campos
- Ana Silvia Garza as Srta. Sofía
- Rolando de Castro Sr. as Lic. de la Barrera
- Ana María Aguirre as Cristina
- Pancho Muller as Andrés "Toluco" López
- Gabriel Fernández as El Chamo
- Enrique Gilabert as Sr. Villarreal
- Alejandro Montoya as Joaquín
- Rosa Elena Díaz as Mother Esperanza
- Keiko as Orca
- Timbiriche - Quinceañera (instrumental)
- Pandora - Ella Se Llenó de Amor
- Bryan Adams - Native Son
- Vangelis - To The Unknown Man
- Manuel Mijares - El Rey de la Noche (instrumental)
- Miguel Mateos - Cuando Seas Grande
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- Luis Miguel - Cuando Calienta el Sol (instrumental)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You (instrumental)
- Pink Floyd - Terminal Frost (instrumental)
- Pandora - Tu Cariño
|1988||6th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela of the Year||Carla Estrada||Won|
|Best Antagonist Actor||Sebastián Ligarde|
|Best Young Lead Actress||Adela Noriega|
|Best Young Lead Actor||Ernesto Laguardia|
|Best Female Revelation||Thalía|
|Best Male Revelation||Armando Araiza|
|Best Original Story or Adaptation||René Muñoz|
|Best Young Antagonist||Nailea Norvind|
|Premios El Heraldo de México||Best Telenovela||Carla Estrada|
|Best Actress Revelation||Adela Noriega|
- Televisa made a remake of Quinceañera named Primer amor, a mil por hora, in 2000, and a second remake, Miss XV, in 2012.
- GMA Network is planning to produce a remake of Quinceañera starring Bea Binene and Barbie Forteza, scheduled for 2017.
- "Quinceañera, la telenovela juvenil mexicana sobre el verdadero amor y la amistad" (in Spanish). Kidzworldespanol.com. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Associated Press (December 27, 2008). "Las 10 telenovelas más influyentes de AL" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Univision.com. "¿Cuál ha sido la mejor telenovela de Univision tlnovelas?" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Las 20 mejores telenovelas: Quinceañera". People en Español (in Spanish). March 31, 2010. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Terra.com.pe (November 14, 2012). "Las 50 mejores telenovelas de todos los tiempos" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-04-28.