|Coordinates: 52°40′38″N 07°57′27″E / 52.67722°N 7.95750°ECoordinates: 52°40′38″N 07°57′27″E / 52.67722°N 7.95750°E|
|• Mayor||Wolfgang Becker (CDU)|
|• Total||17.95 km2 (6.93 sq mi)|
|• Density||720/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Quakenbrück has a professional basketball team, the Artland Dragons.
Temperate coastal climate affected by damp NW winds from the North Sea. The long term average shows the air temperature in Quakenbrück reaching 8.5–9.0°C with an average rainfall of 700 mm. Between May and August, there are about 20–25 days during which temperatures may reach over 25 °C.
On 29 May 1916, a nail man made from French poplar was given to the city by Clemens Freiherr von Schorlemer-Lieser and placed in the meeting room of the town hall. Revenue from the statue, which depicted a 13th-14th-century knight clad in armor and holding a shield and a sword and has come to be known as the Quakenbrück iron Knight (Quakenbrücker Eiserne Burgmann), were used to fuel the war effort. The statue was built by two soldiers from Schorlemer's Battalion.
- till 1968: Aloys Geers (SPD)
- 1968–1972: Karl Möller (CDU)
- 1972–1979: Horst Magnus (CDU)
- 1979–1988: Werner Korfhage (FDP)
- 1988–1991: Jürgen Gadeberg (SPD)
- 1991–2000: Klaus Alves (CDU)
- 2000–2011: Wolfgang Becker (CDU)
- 2011–2014: Claus Peter Poppe (SPD)
- since October 2014: Paul Gärtner (SPD)
Sons and daughters of the town
- Dietrich Hermann Hegewisch (1746-1812), historian
- Heinrich Beythien (1873-1952), economist and politician, Reichstag deputy. 1936 excluded from the NSDAP.
- Wilhelm Martin (1876-1954), art historian, 1909-1945 director of the Mauritshuis, The Hague, professor of art history at Leiden University
- Enno Patalas (born 1929), film historian and critic
- Christian Brand (born 1972), former Werder Bremen player and current FC Luzern manager
- Cinta Laura (born 1993), Indonesian actress
- Landesbetrieb für Statistik und Kommunikationstechnologie Niedersachsen, 102 Bevölkerung - Basis Zensus 2011, Stand 31. Dezember 2015 (Tabelle K1020014)
- Heiko Bockstiegel: Der Eiserne Burgmann im Rathaussaal zu Quakenbrück. in: Heimat-Jahrbuch Osnabrücker Land 1980, S. 54ff.