Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center
|Address||2021 State Street|
|Coordinates||41°31′29″N 90°30′16″W / 41.524861°N 90.504542°WCoordinates: 41°31′29″N 90°30′16″W / 41.524861°N 90.504542°W|
|Owner||City of Bettendorf|
|Opened||January 24, 2009|
|• Total space||24,000 sq ft (2,200 m2)|
|• Ballroom||15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2)|
The name for the facility in the development stages was the Bettendorf Events Center. A ground breaking ceremony for the center was held on October 6, 2006. Construction was delayed in late 2006 because the project was $2 million over budget and the Isle of Capri, who was to operate the facility for the city, was completing a marketing study. Once construction got underway it was completed in early 2009.
The facility contains 24,000 sq ft (2,200 m2) of space, which includes a 15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2) ballroom and eight private meeting rooms. The convention center is owned by the city of Bettendorf and is operated by the Isle of Capri Casino & Hotel, which is connected by way of a skywalk.
- Heitz, David. "The Waterfront prepares to roll out the welcome mat, opens Saturday". Quad-City Times (January 23, 2009). Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Geyer, Thomas. "Bettendorf toasts riverfront development". Quad-City Times (October 6, 2006). Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Ickes, Barb. "Bettendorf event center over budget, temporarily delayed". Quad-City Times (December 29, 2006). Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- "Bettendorf toasts riverfront development". Isle of Capri Casinos. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Allemeier, Kurt. "Bettendorf premieres Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center". Quad-City Times (October 28, 2008). Retrieved 2011-04-27.