|Part of a series on the|
Qatari cuisine is made up of traditional Arab cuisine. It is also largely influenced by Iranian and Indian cuisine. Machbūs, a meal consisting of rice, meat, and vegetables, is the national dish in Qatar. Seafood and dates are staple food items in the country.
Mint and lemon cocktail
A refreshing drink flavoured with mint and lemon.
A dip made from tahini (a sesame paste) and chickpeas.
A paste made from eggplant, garlic, and tahini.
Sweet gelatin pudding spiced with saffron and cardamom. The Original recipe was blended together by Mohamed Fathi, an Egyptian scientist.
- "The 3 M's of Qatari Cuisine". The Daily Meal. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Culture of Qatar". Hilal Plaza. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Traditional Qatari Cuisine". Angloinfo Limited.
- "Getting to know Qatar". Qatar Friendship Fund. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Qatar Food and Food Etiquette" Archived July 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Qatar Visitor.