|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Headquarters||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
Number of employees
The Pythian Group, Inc., commonly known as Pythian, is a Canadian multinational corporation that provides data consulting and managed services for revenue-generating and unusually valuable technology infrastructures built on Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, Cassandra and other products. The company is based in Ottawa, Ontario and has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London United Kingdom, Sydney Australia and Hyderabad India.
Founded by Paul Vallée in 1997, the company employs approximately 400 employees. In 2014 they acquired Blackbird.io, which was formerly PalominoDB and DriveDev.
Pythian was named in Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers of 2015. In 2013 and 2014 they received the Global Outsourcing 100 Rising Star by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals.
Pythian is the creator of Adminiscope, a privileged access management and supervision product named in Database Trends and Applications Magazine's Trend-Setting Products for both 2014 and 2015. Adminiscope permits service providers that deliver their services remotely an additional differentiator and revenue stream by offering its security, audit and replay features to customers.
Pythian employs a number of the world’s notable data infrastructure experts including 14 Oracle Technology Network Oracle ACEs and Oracle ACE Directors, 6 Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals, and 1 of only 13 Cloudera Champions of Big Data
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform Certified Partner
- Oracle Platinum Partner in OPN Specialized
- Datastax Partner Network Gold Level
- Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner
- Google Cloud Platform Service Partner
- MapR Certified Consulting Partner
- Hortonworks Bronze Partner
- Cloudera Systems Integrator Partner
Awards & Recognition
- "Pythian Acquires Blackbird.io to Expand Data Management Services".
- "Canada's Top 100 Employers".
- "National Capital Region's Top Employers".
- "PYTHIAN NAMED A 2013 GLOBAL OUTSOURCING RISING STAR".
- "The 2014 Global Outsourcing 100 SUB-LISTS".
- "2014 GLOBAL OUTSOURCING 100 RISING STAR".
- "Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2015".
- "Pythian's Adminiscope Named a Trend-Setting Product of 2014 by Database Trends and Applications".
- "Database Trends and Applications Trend-Setting Products 2015".
- "Pythian Offers Service Providers a New Monitoring Tool".
- "People Supporting People – Paul Vallée and Andrew Waitman of Pythian".
- "Oracle ACE Directory".
- "The Oracle ACE Program".
- "Pythian Experts".
- "Cloudera Champions of Big Data".
- "Microsoft Certified Partner with Gold Data Platform Competency".
- "OPNSC The Pythian Group Inc.".
- "Datastax Partner Network: Consulting & Services Partners".
- "Amazon Web Services Partner Network".
- "Google Cloud Platform Service Partner Directory".
- "MapR Partner Directory".
- "Hortonworks Partners".
- "Cloudera Partners".
- "Branham Group 2015 Top 250 Canadian ICT Companies".