- Psalm 147 is recited in its entirety in Pesukei Dezimra.
- Is recited on Simchat Torah in some traditions.
Since the Middle Ages, this psalm was recited or sung at the office of Vespers on Saturday, according to the Rule of St. Benedict of 530AD. At that time, there were two separate psalms to Read Psalms 146 and 147.
In the Liturgy of Hours today, Psalm 147 is recited or sung at Lauds on Friday of the second and quatrième weeks. In the liturgy of the Mass, he read the fifth diimanche Ordinary Time of the year.
- Anton Bruckner—Psalm 146 Alleluja! Lobet den Herrn; denn lobsingen ist gut WAB 37 (c. 1856)
- In 1610, Monteverdi published his Vespers to the Virgin, work in which he set to music for choir and continuo seven votes verses 12 to 20.
- Henry Desmarest, contemporary composer of Michel-Richard Delalande, wrote a great motet on this psalm.