|Headquarters||Glen Allen, Virginia, U.S.|
|Parent||Hamilton Beach Brands|
Proctor Silex Co. was created in 1960 with the merger of Proctor Electric and Silex Company. In 1988, Proctor Silex was acquired by NACCO Industries, Inc. In 1990, NACCO also acquired Hamilton Beach Brands as a subsidiary and merged the two companies.
Proctor Silex made electrical household appliances including Vacuum coffee makers and vacuum coffee machines.
- "Proctor Silex company history". http://www.proctorsilex.com/company-history.php. Retrieved 26 September 2014. External link in
- "NACCO company history". http://www.nacco.com/history_bannerpopup.html. Retrieved 26 September 2014. External link in
- "NACCO company history". http://www.nacco.com/history_bannerpopup2.html. Retrieved 26 September 2014. External link in
- "Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex Inc. History". http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/hamilton-beach-proctor-silex-inc-history/. Retrieved 26 September 2014. External link in
- The script for the 1979 movie Alien contains an example of generic use of the term "Silex" for "coffee machine".
- Official website
- History of Proctor-Silex, 1788 to 1972
- The Marshall Johnson Collection of Trade Literature and Ephemera at Hagley Museum and Library consists of materials collected by Johnson during his time with Wear-Ever/Proctor-Silex, including product catalogs, news clippings, and advertisements, with a small amount of manuscript materials.