Princess Louise of Belgium (b. 2004)
Princess Louise of Belgium (Louise Sophie Mary; born 6 February 2004 in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert) is the first child and only daughter of Prince Laurent of Belgium and Claire Louise Coombs. She is currently 13th in the line of succession to the Belgian throne. For more info, go to the official royal website.
Princess Louise Sophie Mary was named after first or second names of her great-grandmothers: Marie Louise Sclifet, Luisa Gazelli dei Conti di Rossana, Princess Astrid Sofia Lovisa Thyra of Sweden, and Olive Mary Harmer. She was christened on 4 September 2004, in Longfonds, La Hulpe, Belgium, the estate of Baron Jacques-Ernest Solvay de La Hulpe. Her godmothers are Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein and Baroness Marie-Claude Solvay. There was no mention of who the godfather was, though some reports give the godfather to be Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi of Iran . It may be he was not mentioned because he is not a Roman Catholic.
The family lives in Tervuren.
In 2009, Princess Louise contracted pneumonia while on a family holiday in Sardinia, leading to the hospitalisation of her father, Prince Laurent.
On 2 June 2011, she received her first communion at Sainte-Catherine Bonlez, a district of Chaumont-Gistoux in the province of Walloon Brabant, with the royal family in attendance.
In 2014 Princess Louise was a flower girl at the wedding of her cousin Prince Amedeo, Archduke of Austria-Este.
|Ancestors of Princess Louise of Belgium (b. 2004)|
- "Birthdays". Belgian Monarchy.
- "(French) Naissance de la princesse Louise de Belgique". Royalement Blog.
- Kadivar, Darius. "ROYAL CURTSY: Crown Prince Reza Godfather to Belgium's Prince Prince Laurent's Daughter". Iranian.com: Persian Realm.
- "Controversy Over Prince Laurent Sending Daughter to French School".
- "Prince Laurent has left hospital". Flanders News.
- "Belgian Royal Family Gathers for Princess Louise's First Communion".
Princess Louise of Belgium
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- Belgian Royal family (Paul Theroff's site)
- King Albert II's descent (French)
- Genealogics - Louise's ancestry
- Princess Claire's ancestry
Princess Louise of Belgium (b. 2004)Born: 6 February 2004
|Lines of succession|
Prince Laurent of Belgium
|Line of succession to the Belgian throne
| Succeeded by|
Prince Nicolas of Belgium