Prince Heinrich of Hanover
Prince Heinrich with an imitated flag of King George I of Great Britain
29 April 1961|
Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany
|Spouse||Thyra von Westernhagen (m. 1999)|
|Father||Ernest Augustus, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick|
|Mother||Princess Ortrud of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg|
|Hanoverian Royal Family|
Prince Heinrich of Hanover (Heinrich Julius Christian Otto Friedrich Franz Anton Günter; born 29 April 1961) is a historian and publisher in Göttingen with publishing firm MatrixMedia.
Heinrich is the youngest child of Ernest Augustus, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick, and his first wife Princess Ortrud of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg. He was born in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. His eldest brother, Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover (born 1954), is the present head of the House of Hanover.
His father, a direct male descendent of the Hanoverian kings of Great Britain from George I to George III was born a British prince, confirmed by George V in 1914, but as a child lost the title due to the Titles Deprivation Act (1917). The House of Hanover refuses to recognise this letter and continues to bear the title of Prince (or Princess) of Great Britain and Ireland with the style of Royal Highness as titles of pretense. As it was entered into their German passports in 1914, the title still continues to be part of their official family name in Germany.
He founded, owns and manages the publishing company MatrixMedia Verlag in Göttingen. The focal point of the house is history, namely local history of the state of Lower Saxony, of which the predecessor states were the Kingdom of Hanover and the Duchy of Brunswick, furthermore the history of the House of Welf, but also general historical items. The company publishes books, monographs, historiographies, memoirs, illustrated books and films. Furthermore, he is responsible for a website on the House of Welf called Welfen.de
On 30 April 1999, Heinrich Julius married Thyra Sixtina Donata von Westernhagen (born 14 August 1973), daughter of Prof. Dr. med. Burkhard von Westernhagen and Uta Maria, née von Pape, at Teistungen estate, owned by the von Westernhagen family since 1283.
They have three children:
- Prince Albert of Hanover (14 December 1999)
- Princess Eugenia of Hanover (19 July 2001)
- Prince Julius of Hanover (22 February 2009)
Heinrich has authored the following books under the name Heinrich von Hannover:
- Georg II. König und Kurfürst. ISBN 3-932313-07-0.
- Macht Intrigen und Verbannung – Welfen und Romanows am Zarenhof. ISBN 3-932313-05-4.
- Welfisches Hannover. ISBN 3-932313-11-9.
- Frauen vom Hof der Welfen. ISBN 3-932313-17-8.
- Elisabeth Herzogin von Calenberg. ISBN 3-932313-18-6.
- Nicht im Auftrag Ihrer Majestät. ISBN 3-932313-16-X.
- Hannover zwischen den Mächten Europas. ISBN 3-932313-02-X.
- Welfenbericht. ISBN 3-932313-10-0.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prince Heinrich Julius of Hanover.|
- www.Welfen.de – Official site of the House of Hanover
- Prince Heinrich of Hanover at the Internet Movie Database
Prince Heinrich of Hanover
Cadet branch of the House of WelfBorn: 29 April 1961
Prince Otto Heinrich of Hanover
|Line of succession to the Hanoverian throne
| Succeeded by|
Prince Albert of Hanover
Princess Alexandra of Hanover
|Line of succession to the British throne|
descended from Queen Victoria's daughter Victoria