He became an officer of GE. His career with GE and RCA spanned 25 years across the US, Europe and Asia. He was the head of GE Capital in India and in Asia, having earlier worked with GE Capital's Corporate and Finance Group in Stamford, Connecticut, US.
Pramod started GE Capital International Services (GECIS) in 1997 as the in-house BPO division of General Electric (GE) when K.P. Singh convinced Jack Welch, the former CEO of GE, to outsource certain services to India at Gurgaon. Under Pramod GE hired Raman Roy, pioneered business process outsourcing in India, and expanded its operations from India to countries including China, Hungary, Guatemala, Poland, Mexico, Morocco, the Philippines, Romania, South Africa and the United States.
In 2007 the International Quality and Productivity Center at the Shared Services and Outsourcing Global Conclave named Genpact the Global Shared Services Leader of the Year and awarded Pramod Bhasin their Lifetime Contribution Award.
A consultant and advisor in the domain, Pramod Bhasin served as the Chairman of India's National Association of Software & Services Companies (NASSCOM) for the year 2009-10, and became a member of the Board of Trustees of NASSCOM Foundation. He is also currently serving as President at TiE Delhi-NCR.
As of 2016 Pramod Bhasin lives in New Delhi.
- James Lamont In New Delhi (17 August 2010). "China proves tough for India's outsourcers". Financial Times. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "NV Tyagarajan to succeed Pramod Bhasin as Genpact CEO", The Economic Times, May 16, 2011 http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-05-16/news/29548448_1_pramod-bhasin-genpact-coo-nv-tyagarajan
- "Pramod Bhasin Bio". Genpact.com
- "DLF’s KP Singh lobbied with governments, won over farmers, and wooed companies and people away from Delhi". Outlook Business. 2009-05-16.
- Genpact in Guatemala
- Genpact in South Africa
- "Genpact Shines At Global Excellence Awards '07". EFY Times. 2007-03-23.
- "Nasscom names Genpact's Pramod Bhasin as chairman". Reuters. 2009-04-02.
Trivia and external links
- India's BPO emperor - Financial Express |newspaper, 29 July 2006
- Interview with Pramod on Rediff.com