The monastery served as a parish church until 1954, when it was turned into a monastery. The original iconostasis was painted by Constantine Zograf who worked in Serbia in the second and third decade of the 19th century. In the churchyard there is a wooden bell tower as well as living quarters, probably from the time of construction of the church, with wooden bars on the windows. Conservation work on the church were carried out in 1951, and on the iconostasis in 1987-88.
- Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance
- Tourism in Serbia
- List of Serbian Orthodox monasteries
- Regional Chamber of Požarevac, prepared by Dr Radmila Novaković Kostić, 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pokajnica Monastery.|