Piotr Jan Wróbel (born 1953) is a Polish-Canadian historian, specializing in Polish history and East-Central European history. His academic research revolves around the national minorities of Eastern and Central Europe with special focus on Polish-Jewish relations and the history of Polish Jewry since the Partitions of Poland.
Wróbel is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of History at the Faculty of Arts and Science of the University of Toronto, as well as member of the Faculty at the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Trinity College in the University of Toronto.
Piotr Wróbel received his Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) at the University of Warsaw, where he taught. He also taught at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Michigan State University at East Lansing, as well as at the University of California at Davis. At present, Wróbel teaches history at the University of Toronto. He has been a visiting scholar at the Institute of European History at Mainz, as well as at the Humboldt University of Berlin; and, at the Institute for Polish–Jewish Studies at the University of Oxford.
Wróbel has authored or co-authored seven books, and more than 75 articles published in Poland, Great Britain, Canada and the United States. He serves on the advisory board of Polin: A Journal of Polish–Jewish Studies.
- Listopadowe dni-1918, 1988, Instytut Wydawniczy P.A.X
- Droga powrotna: niemiecki prawicowy ruch kombatancki po I wojnie światowej, 1989, Książka i Wiedza
- Prezydenci i premierzy drugiej rzeczypospolitej (with A Chojnowski), 1992, Zakład Narodowy im. Ossolínskich
- Kształtowanie siȩ białoruskiej świadomości narodowej a Polska, 1990, Wydawnictwa Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
- Zarys dziejów Żydów na ziemiach polskich w latach 1880-1918, 1991, Wydawnictwa Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
- The Jews of Galicia under Austrian-Polish Rule, 1869–1918, 1994, Cambridge University Press
- Double memory: Poles and Jews after the Holocaust, 1997, University of Toronto, (view as PDF)
- "School of Graduate Studies, University of Toronto". Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Piotr Wróbel, biographical note at Faculty listing". Centre for Jewish Studies at the University of Toronto. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Prof. Piotr Wróbel". University of Toronto Department of History. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- Polish History and Konstanty Reynert Chair of History, Council for Support of Polish Studies at the University of Toronto
- Professor Piotr Wróbel, Council for Support of Polish Studies at the University of Toronto
- The Devil's Playground: Poland in World War II. The Canadian Foundation for Polish Studies of the Polish Institute of Arts & Sciences. Price-Patterson Ltd. (contains a biography note)