Philipp Friedrich Gmelin
|Philipp F. Gmelin|
Philipp Friedrich Gmelin (1721-1768)
19 August 1721|
9 May 1768 46) (aged|
|Fields||Botanist and chemist|
|Institutions||University of Tübingen|
|Alma mater||University of Tübingen|
|Doctoral advisor||Burchard Mauchart|
|Doctoral students||Johann Friedrich Gmelin|
Chemistry of antimony
Johann Friedrich Gmelin is also his eldest son.
Philipp Friedrich Gmelin (19 August 1721 – 9 May 1768) was a professor of botany and chemistry. He studied the chemistry of antimony and wrote texts on the pancreatic ducts, on mineral waters, and on botany.
He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1758.
He was the father of the naturalist Johann Friedrich Gmelin.
- "Library and Archive". Royal Society. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- J. Chem. Ed., 1954, 32, pp. 534–541.
- Chem. Ber., 1939, 72, pp. 5A-33A.
- Biographisches Lexikon der hervorragenden Ärzte, Urban & Schwarzenberg, 1962, vol. 2, p. 776.
- Michaud Biographie Universelle (2nd ed.), Delagrabe, 1843-1865, vol. 16, p. 646.
- Dictionnaire des Sciences Medicales Biographie Medicale, C. L. F. Panckoucke, 1820-1822, vol. 4, pp. 461–462.