Khao Chang mount rising behind Phang Nga City Hall
Location in Thailand
|Coordinates: 8°27′52″N 98°31′54″E / 8.46444°N 98.53167°E|
|Province||Phang Nga Province|
|Districts of Thailand||Amphoe Mueang Phang Nga|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
Phang Nga (Thai: พังงา, rtgs: Phangnga, pronounced [pʰāŋ.ŋāː]) is a town (thesaban mueang) in southern Thailand, capital of Phang Nga Province. The town covers the whole tambon Thai Chang of Mueang Phang Nga district. As of 2005 it had a population of 9,559 and covered an area of 6.75 km². Phang Nga is 764 km from Bangkok by road.
The municipal administration was created on 11 February 1937. The town is subdivided into nine wards (chumchon).
- Talat Yai (ตลาดใหญ่)
- Borirak Bamrung (บริรักษ์บำรุง)
- Samakkhi (สามัคคี)
- Thung Chedi (ทุ่งเจดีย์)
- Ruamchai Phatthana (ร่วมใจพัฒนา)
- Na Krok Khok Ya (นากรอกคอกหญ้า)
- Thanon Mai (ถนนใหม่)
- Khao Chang (เขาช้าง)
- Wang Mokaeng (วังหม้อแกง)
- "About us". Phang Nga city administration. Note that B.E. 2479 ended on March 31.