Peterchurch is a village and civil parish in the Golden Valley, Herefordshire, England, which has a Norman church, dedicated to St. Peter, built on the unusual basilica model with four, rather than three chambers. The church's foundations are thought to go back to 786, and parts of the Saxon walls can be seen in the sanctuary. The original stone altar is in place, dating back to well before the Reformation. The modern spire is made of fibreglass and was, for a time, the tallest fibreglass spire in the country. The countryside around is spectacular, with views of the Black Mountains but the village itself is architecturally undistinguished, except for the award-winning 'church reordering' scheme within the Norman church, carried out in 2012 by the Herefordshire-based architects Communion Design.
- 'Peterchurch work of art arriving at centre', Hereford Times, 9 February 2012.
- "Robert Jones (1857 - 1898) - Find A Grave Memorial". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 30 October 2015.
Media related to Peterchurch at Wikimedia Commons