Pereire (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
|Other names||Maréchal Juin|
184, rue de Courcelles|
Square Albert Bernard
17th arrondissement of Paris
|Coordinates||48°53′05″N 2°17′57″E / 48.884648°N 2.299211°ECoordinates: 48°53′05″N 2°17′57″E / 48.884648°N 2.299211°E|
|Opened||23 May 1910|
Location within Paris
Pereire (Maréchal Juin) is a station on Paris Métro Line 3.
Pereire was opened on 23 May 1910 when the line was extended from Villiers. The station is named after the Boulevard Pereire and the Place du Maréchal Juin. The Péreire brothers, Émile Péreire (1800–1875) and his brother Isaac (1806–1880), created the Crédit Immobilier bank in 1852. They established railroad companies in France and in Europe. Émile Péreire was the first director of the Compagnie du Chemin de fer de Paris à Saint-Germain, which opened the first railway in Paris in 1837. He was later in charge of the Auteuil railroad, which later became RER line "C". Marshal Alphonse Juin (1888–1967) was commander of the French forces in Italy in 1943 and 1944.
|Line 3 platforms|
|Westbound||← toward Pont de Levallois – Bécon (Porte de Champerret)|
|Eastbound||toward Gallieni (Wagram) →|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pereire (Paris Metro).|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.