|Date of birth||3 December 1880|
|Place of birth||Cambridge, England|
|Date of death||13 April 1959 78)(aged|
|Place of death||London, England|
|Playing position||Inside right|
|–||Cambridge St Mary's|
|1900–1901||Queens Park Rangers||?||(?)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
In 1901, he moved up to the Football League when he joined Notts County where he spent six seasons, making 202 appearances in total, scoring 73 goals. During these six seasons, County consistently finished in the lower half of the First Division table.
In the 1907–08 season, Humphreys joined First Second Leicester Fosse but returned to the First Division with Chelsea for the latter part of the season. He remained with Chelsea until December 1909 when he lost his place to Vivian Woodward.
Humphreys swapped places with Woodward moving across London to join Tottenham Hotspur. Humphreys only made 45 league appearances for Spurs, scoring 24 goals, none of which were as vital as the one that he scored against Chelsea in the final match of the 1909–10 season which ensured that Chelsea were relegated instead of Spurs. In the following season he was unable to hold down a regular place in the Spurs side, with Billy Minter being preferred at inside-right.
In October 1911, he was transferred back to Leicester Fosse where he spent the rest of the season, before dropping out of the league to join Hartlepools United.
Humphreys managed Hartlepools United between 1912 and 1913.
Humphreys then coached Swiss side FC Basel between 1913 and 1914.
He managed Alessandria, in Italy, from 1920 and 1922.
- Betts, Graham (2006). England: Player by player. Green Umbrella Publishing. p. 136. ISBN 1-905009-63-1.
- In The Mad Crowd
- "England 1 Scotland 2 (Match summary)". www.englandstats.com. 4 April 1903. Retrieved 28 March 2009.
- "Percy Humphreys". League Managers Association. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "Ehemalige Trainer des FCB" (in German). FC Basel. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- Caligaris, Mimma. 100 volte Grigi, supplement to the newspaper «Il Piccolo», 17 February 2012, 20, p. 51.