|Publisher||Drawn and Quarterly|
|Publication date||1992 – present|
|The Poor Bastard||ISBN 978-1-896-59767-6|
Peepshow is the title of a 1992 comic book collection and an ongoing autobiographical comic book by American cartoonist Joe Matt, both published by Drawn and Quarterly. The book collects strips published in various publications from before the Peepshow series started.
The story is divided into three story arcs:
- #1–6 — about Matt's relationship with his girlfriend Trish and their breakup. Collected in the book The Poor Bastard, 2002.
- #7–10 — deals with Matt's childhood and family. Collected in the book Fair Weather, 2002.
- #11–14 — depicts Matt arguing with his cartoonist friends and obsessing over his addiction to pornography. A new, cleaner style of drawing was adopted for this storyline. Printed in two colors on tinted paper. Collected in the book Spent, 2007.
List of issues
|1||1992||February||The Poor Bastard (1997)|
|7||1995||March||Fair Weather (2002)|
|Peepshow : The Cartoon Diary of Joe Matt||1992||strips from 1987–92.||Softcover: 978-1-896-59727-0|
|The Poor Bastard||1996||Peepshow #1–6||Hardcover: 978-1-896-59767-6
|Fair Weather||2002||Peepshow #7–10||Hardcover:978-1-896-59756-0
|Spent||2007||Peepshow #11–14||Hardcover: 978-1-897-29911-1|
Animated TV series
- "HBO Developing Joe Matt's 'The Poor Bastard': Futurama's David X. Cohen at the Helm," ICv2, April 28, 2004.
- preview of the Peepshow collection at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of The Poor Bastard at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of Fair Weather at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of Spent at Drawn and Quarterly's website