|Publisher||Drawn and Quarterly|
|Publication date||1992 – present|
|The Poor Bastard||ISBN 978-1-896-59767-6|
Peepshow is the title of a 1992 comic book collection and an ongoing autobiographical comic book by American cartoonist Joe Matt, both published by Drawn and Quarterly. The book collects strips published in various publications from before the Peepshow series started.
The story is divided into three story arcs:
- #1–6 — about Matt's relationship with his girlfriend Trish and their breakup. Collected in the book The Poor Bastard, 2002.
- #7–10 — deals with Matt's childhood and family. Collected in the book Fair Weather, 2002.
- #11–14 — depicts Matt arguing with his cartoonist friends and obsessing over his addiction to pornography. A new, cleaner style of drawing was adopted for this storyline. Printed in two colors on tinted paper. Collected in the book Spent, 2007.
List of issues
|1||1992||February||The Poor Bastard (1997)|
|7||1995||March||Fair Weather (2002)|
|Peepshow : The Cartoon Diary of Joe Matt||1992||strips from 1987–92.||Softcover: 978-1-896-59727-0||
|The Poor Bastard||1996||Peepshow #1–6||Hardcover: 978-1-896-59767-6
|Fair Weather||2002||Peepshow #7–10||Hardcover:978-1-896-59756-0
|Spent||2007||Peepshow #11–14||Hardcover: 978-1-897-29911-1|
Animated TV series
In 2004, it was reported that HBO was developing an animated series based on The Poor Bastard that would be produced by Matt and David X. Cohen. This project was abandoned in 2005.
- ↑ "HBO Developing Joe Matt's 'The Poor Bastard': Futurama's David X. Cohen at the Helm," ICv2, April 28, 2004.
- preview of the Peepshow collection at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of The Poor Bastard at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of Fair Weather at Drawn and Quarterly's website
- preview of Spent at Drawn and Quarterly's website
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 4/7/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.