Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
100 Queen Street|
Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
The Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority (also known as the Peace Bridge Authority and the Public Bridge Authority) is the agency established to regulate the Peace Bridge, which crosses the Canada–United States border. This bridge is designed to handle vehicle traffic between Buffalo in the American state of New York and Fort Erie in the Canadian province of Ontario.
The authority is a bi-national agency, incorporated as both a public benefit corporation in New York and a Crown agency under the Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Company Act in Ontario. The Canadian office and administrative headquarters of the authority is located at 100 Queen Street, Fort Erie; the US office is located at 1 Peace Bridge Plaza, Buffalo.
Board of Directors
- Commissioner of the New York State Department of Transportation
- Chairman of the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
- Office of the New York State Attorney General.
The Chair of the Board is American and the Vice-Chair is Canadian.
- Detroit International Bridge Company - private, Ambassador Bridge
- Niagara Falls Bridge Commission - public, Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and Rainbow Bridge
- Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Company - private, railway bridge
- Thousand Islands Bridge Authority - public, Thousand Islands Bridge
- Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority - public, Gordie Howe International Bridge