|His Excellency, The Most Reverend|
Paul David Sirba
|Bishop of Duluth|
|Archdiocese||Saint Paul and Minneapolis|
|Appointed||October 19, 2009|
|Installed||December 14, 2009|
|Ordination||May 31, 1986|
December 14, 2009|
by John Clayton Nienstedt, Peter F. Christensen, and Lee A. Piché
January 1, 1957|
Saint Paul, Minnesota
|Motto||FIAT VOLUNTAS TUA|
Paul David Sirba
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Early life and education
Sirba was born in the city of Saint Paul, Minnesota. He graduated from the Academy of Holy Angels in Richfield, Minnesota. He completed his studies at the archdiocesan seminary of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and at the Notre Dame Institute for Catechetics in Alexandria, Virginia.
Ordination and ministry
Sirba was ordained a priest May 31, 1986 for the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. He served in the following positions: assistant priest of the Saint Olaf Parish in Minneapolis (1986–1990) and Saint John the Baptist Parish (1990–1991), Spiritual Director of the Seminary of Saint John Vianney (1991–2000), pastor of the Maternity of Mary Parish, Saint Paul (2001–2006), Director of Spiritual Formation in the Saint Paul Seminary, Saint Paul (2006–2009), vicar general of the same archdiocese since June 2009.
Bishop of Duluth, Minnesota
Pope Benedict XVI appointed him to fill the vacancy as bishop of Duluth succeeding Archbishop Dennis Schnurr, who was named Coadjutor Archbishop of Cincinnati in October 2008. Sirba was consecrated and installed as the bishop of Duluth on December 14, 2009.
- Catholic Church hierarchy
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Historical list of the Catholic bishops of the United States
- List of the Catholic bishops of the United States
- Lists of patriarchs, archbishops, and bishops
- "Pope Names Ninth Bishop for Diocese of Duluth" (PDF). Roman Catholic Diocese of Duluth. October 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- "Curriculum Vitae, Rev Paul Sirba, The Saint Paul Seminary/School of Divinity" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Strickler, Jeff (October 15, 2009). Minneapolis Star Tribune http://www.startribune.com/64367587.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU. Retrieved 2009-10-20. Missing or empty
|Catholic Church titles|
|Bishop of Duluth
| Succeeded by|