Paul Hugo Hensel (May 17, 1860, Groß-Barthen near Königsberg – November 11, 1930, Erlangen) was a German philosopher, son of the landowner and entrepreneur Sebastian Hensel, brother of the mathematician Kurt Hensel, grandson of the composer Fanny Mendelssohn and the painter Wilhelm Hensel, and a descendant of the philosopher Moses Mendelssohn.
Hensel was born in Groß-Barten near Königsberg, Prussia and became a professor of philosophy at Heidelberg and Erlangen, where he taught until 1928. At Erlangen, Hensel was the supervisor of Hans Reichenbach's dissertation on the theory of probability.
- Ethisches Wissen und ethisches Handeln, 1889
- Hauptprobleme der Ethik, 1903
- Kleine Schriften und Vorträge, 1930
- Works by Paul Hensel at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Paul Hensel at Internet Archive
- Works by Paul Hensel at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
- Probleme/Projekte/Prozesse: Hochzeit im Hause Mendelssohn at www.luise-berlin.de
- AIM25: Thesaurus-assisted Personal Name search at www.aim25.ac.uk