|Comune di Palazzo Adriano|
Piazza Umberto I.
Location of Palazzo Adriano in Italy
|Coordinates: 37°40′55″N 13°22′45″E / 37.68194°N 13.37917°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Palermo (PA)|
|• Mayor||Salvatore Masaracchia|
|• Total||129 km2 (50 sq mi)|
|Population (31 May 2009)|
|• Density||18/km2 (47/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The first mention of a casale Arianum dates from before 1060 under the reign of the Norman Roger I of Sicily. More reliable is information about the hamlet of Palazzo Adriano reported in a 1243 document. Since 1282, the fiefs land holdings that now constitute the area of Palazzo Adriano saw more than thirty baronies granted leases by the abbots of the monastery of Santa Maria di Fossanova.
- Church of Maria SS. Assunta (16th century), of Byzantine rite
- Church of Maria SS. del Lume (18th century), of Latin rite
- Church of Maria SS. del Carmelo (16th century). It has a single nave, with a portal with Corinthian columns.
- Sanctuary of San Nicola (16th century)
- Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie (16th century)
- Bourbon Castle
- Giovanni Emmanuele Bidera, was an Italian poet and playwright. He was born in Palazzo Adriano.
- Francesco Crispi, Prime Minister of Italy
- Giuseppe Crispi, author of the first monograph on the Albanian language
- Gavril Dara Junior, politician and poet