Palacio Piria, seat of the Supreme Court
|Location||Pasaje de los Derechos Humanos 1310, Centro, Montevideo ( Uruguay)|
|Coordinates||34°54′24″S 56°11′28″W / 34.90667°S 56.19111°WCoordinates: 34°54′24″S 56°11′28″W / 34.90667°S 56.19111°W|
|Owner||Government of Uruguay|
|Design and construction|
Its construction started in 1916, by the architect Camille Gardelle. Initially, it was the private residence of businessman and politician Francisco Piria. After his death it was acquired by industrialist José Martínez Reina and served as the residence of President Juan José Amézaga between 1943 and 1946. It was acquired by the Uruguayan State on 5 January 1954 by the Act of N° 12.090 as seat of the Supreme Court.
- "Ley Nº 12.090". República Oriental del Uruguay, Poder Legislativo. 1954. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palacio Piria.|