Oxford University Cricket Club
|Second XI:||Oxford University Authentics|
|Home ground:||University Parks|
Oxford University Cricket Club (OUCC), which represents the University of Oxford, has always held important or first-class status and is classified as an important team by substantial sources from 1827 to 1894; classified as an official first-class team from 1895 by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and the County Championship clubs; and classified as a List A team in 1973 only.
Home fixtures are played at the University Parks. The inaugural University Match between OUCC and Cambridge University Cricket Club (CUCC) was played in 1827 and is now the club's sole first-class fixture each season. Apart from this annual game, played in late June or early July, OUCC operates as part of the Oxford University Centre of Cricketing Excellence (UCCE), which includes Oxford Brookes University. The UCCE was rebranded as Oxford MCC University (MCCU) prior to the 2010 season. The University Match is the only one in which a true OUCC team takes part: i.e., composed entirely of current Oxford students.
The earliest reference to cricket at Oxford is in 1673. OUCC made its known debut in the 1827 University Match. In terms of extant clubs being involved, this is the oldest major fixture in the world: i.e., although some inter-county fixtures are much older, none of the current county clubs were founded before 1839 (the oldest known current fixture is Kent versus Surrey).
The Oxford University Centre of Cricketing Excellence (OUCCE) team played 26 first-class matches (not including one abandoned) from 2001 to 2009.. As Oxford Marylebone Cricket Club University, the team has played sixteen first-class matches from 2010 to 2016.
- ACS (1981). A Guide to Important Cricket Matches Played in the British Isles 1709 – 1863. Nottingham: ACS.
- ACS (1982). A Guide to First-Class Cricket Matches Played in the British Isles. Nottingham: ACS.
- Birley, p. 145.
- "List A events played by Cambridge University". CricketArchive. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "First Class Matches Played by Oxford University Centre of Cricketing Excellence". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "First Class Matches Played by Oxford Marylebone Cricket Club University". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Cricket in the Parks
- MCC Universities information & history
- Lists of matches played by Oxford University]
- Lists of matches played by Oxford MCCU