Oregon State University College of Science
Oregon State University's College of Science is a college within Oregon State University consisting of 13 departments. OSU's College of Science also offers 11 preprofessional programs for students who are preparing for a medical school or another health-related school. The college was founded in 1932 as the School of Science, when the OSU paleontologist Earl L. Packard became the first Dean, as a result of the dramatic reorganization of the Oregon State System of Higher Education in the same year. The School of Science was renamed to the College of Science in 1974.
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Botany and Plant Pathology
- Environmental Sciences
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Science and Mathematics Education
Prehealth Occupation Programs
- Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
List of Deans
- Earl L. Packard (1932–1938)
- Francois A. Gilfillan (1938–1962)
- Vernon Cheldelin (1962–1965)
- John Ward (1966–1970)
- Robert W. Krauss (1973–1980)
- Thomas Sugihara (1981–1986)
- Frederick M. Horne (1986–1999)
- Sherman H. Bloomer (1999-2013)
- Sastry Pantula (2013-)
- http://science.orst.edu/majors.html Retrieved on April 3rd, 2007.
- http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/archives/chronology/chron_1930.html Retrieved on April 3rd, 2007.
- http://digitalcollections.library.oregonstate.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/EAD&CISOPTR=451&REC=2 Retrieved on April 3rd, 2007.