Oliver D. Mann
December 10, 1877|
July 9, 1956 78) (aged|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Oliver Davis Mann (December 10, 1877 – July 9, 1956) was an American football player and coach. A native of Danville, Illinois, he attended Rutgers College, graduating in the Class of 1901. He played college football for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights from 1897 to 1900. The New York Times wrote that Mann "for three years was the Captain of the best team Rutgers College ever had on the gridiron." He was also Rutgers' head football coach in the 1903 and 1905 seasons. In two seasons as head coach, Mann compiled a record of 7–10–1. He later resided in Danville, Illinois. In a draft registration card completed at the time of World War I, Mann indicted that he was a self-employed lawyer in Danville. He died in July 1956 and was buried at the Spring Hill Mausoleum in Danville.
Head coaching record
|Rose Polytechnic Fightin' Engineers () (1901)|
|Rutgers Queensmen (Independent) (1903)|
|Rutgers Queensmen (Independent) (1905)|
- "77 Years of Princeton-Rutgers Football" (PDF). Princeton University. p. 29.
- "Letter from Oliver D. Mann to the Alumni Monthly". Rutgers Alumni Monthly. February 1922. p. 135.
- "Big College Elevens Start Season To-day". The New York Times. September 30, 1905.
- "Oliver D. Mann Records by Year". College Football Data Warehouse.
- Catalogue of the officers and alumni of Rutgers College, 1909, p. 286.
- Catalogue of the officers and alumni of Rutgers College, 1916, p. 402.
- Draft registration card for Oliver Davis Mann, 1209 Logan, Danville, Illinois, born December 10, 1877, in Danville, Illinois. Ancestry.com. U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 [database on-line]. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.; State Headquarters: Illinois; Microfilm Series: M2097; Microfilm Roll: 181.
- Draft registration card dated September 12, 1918, for Oliver Davis Mann, born Dec. 10, 1877. Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Registration State: Illinois; Registration County: Vermilion; Roll: 1613187.
- "Oliver D. Mann, Sr.". Find A Grave.