Old Post Office and Customshouse (Key West, Florida)
Key West Custom House and Old Post Office
Custom House in Key West, now the Key West Museum of Art and History.
Show map of Florida
Show map of the US
281 Front Street|
Monroe County, Florida
|Coordinates||24°33′30″N 81°48′27″W / 24.55833°N 81.80750°W / 24.55833; -81.80750Coordinates: 24°33′30″N 81°48′27″W / 24.55833°N 81.80750°W / 24.55833; -81.80750|
|Architect||William A. Freret|
|Architectural style||Richardsonian Romanesque|
|NRHP Reference #||73000587|
|Added to NRHP||September 20, 1973|
The Custom House and Old Post Office is a historic site located at 281 Front Street, Key West, Florida, United States. On September 20, 1973, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Key West Museum of Art & History at the Custom House
The Custom House currently serves as the Key West Museum of Art & History, which is one of three museums operated by the Key West Art & Historical Society. Exhibits include local history, famous personalities including Ernest Hemingway, maritime history, and works by local artists.
The building was designed by architect William Kerr, and was completed in 1891. The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida met here from its completion until 1932, when the building was transferred to the United States Navy.
- Back view from Port of Key West
- Museum in 2008 with American Gothic exhibit
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Key West, Florida, U.S. Court House and Post Office, Federal Judicial Center, visited September 14, 2009.
- Monroe County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Key West Museum of Art & History.|
- Key West Museum of Art & History in the Custom House - official site