Old Alresford shown within Hampshire
|OS grid reference||SU5832|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Coordinates: 51°06′07″N 1°09′50″W / 51.1019°N 1.164°W
Old Alresford is a village and civil parish in Hampshire, England. It is 1 km (0.6 miles) north of the town of New Alresford, 12 km (7 miles) north-east of the city of Winchester, and 20 km (12 miles) south-west of the town of Alton.
During the late 18th century, Alresford Cricket Club was one of the strongest sides in England.
In 1851, George Sumner, son of the Bishop of Winchester, Charles Richard Sumner, became rector of the village. There his wife, Mary Sumner started the now global Mothers' Union organisation of Anglican women.
In 1986, following the closure of the village school and post office, The Old Alresford Dramatic Society (T.O.A.D.S.) was founded, as a way of bringing the village together. They perform a pantomime in December each year and a Spring Show, usually in May.
- Media related to Old Alresford at Wikimedia Commons
- Alresford in the Domesday Book