Statue of Saint Martin
|Coordinates: 51°34′N 17°40′E / 51.567°N 17.667°E|
|• Total||4.76 km2 (1.84 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
The first written document that mentionins Odolanów dates back to 1301 during the Piast dynasty, when the location hosted a castle on the border between Greater Poland (Wielkopolska) and Silesia (Śląsk). A settlement arose next to the castle, which acquired city rights in 1400 from King Władysław II Jagiełło.
Until 1793, the town and surrounding villages belonged to princes, kings, or noblemen. Monarchs granted the land to various rich feudals as fief or land tenancy. During this time, Odolanów was constantly under the administrative influence of Kalisz.
- Odolanów On-Line (in Polish)