Front facade of Odense station viewed from Banegårdspladsen
Østre Stationsvej 27|
|Coordinates||55°24′06″N 10°23′14″E / 55.40167°N 10.38722°ECoordinates: 55°24′06″N 10°23′14″E / 55.40167°N 10.38722°E|
|Owned by||DSB and Banedanmark|
15 September 1995
Situated as a major station on the Copenhagen–Fredericia/Taulov line, it is also the terminus of the Svendborgbanen railway line between Odense and Svendborg. The first station in Odense, now demolished, opened in 1865 as the railway line across the island of Funen was completed. The current station building opened in 1995.
The current station building is Odense's third, having opened on 15 September 1995. The first one, now demolished, opened in 1865 with the rest of the railway line across Funen (Dronning Louises Jernbane), replaced in 1914 by the still-existing building drawn by Heinrich Wenck.
Historically, Odense station has been the central hub of railways on Funen, being the terminus for a handful of now closed railways:
- Nordfyenske Jernbane (NFJ, 1882–1966)
- Odense–Kerteminde–Martofte Jernbane (OKMJ, 1900–1966)
- Odense–Nørre Broby–Fåborg Jernbane (ONFJ, 1906–1954)
- Nordvestfyenske Jernbane (OMB, 1911–1966)
- "Odense Banegård Center" (in Danish). Wessing Film & TV. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- John Borgkilde (2008-03-12). "Kommunen købte banegården for en sikkerheds skyld" (in Danish). Fyens Stiftstidende. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- "Banegården" (in Danish). Historisk Atlas. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "The Old Trainstation". VisitOdense. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Jensen, Niels (1976). Fynske jernbaner (in Danish). J. Fr. Clausens Forlag. ISBN 87-11-03736-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odense Banegård.|