O-Bi, O-Ba: The End of Civilization
|O-Bi, O-Ba: The End of Civilization|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Piotr Szulkin|
|Written by||Piotr Szulkin|
|Music by||Jerzy Satanowski|
|Edited by||Elżbieta Kurkowska|
|28 January 1985|
Starring Jerzy Stuhr and Krystyna Janda, the film takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where humans live in an isolated vault which is falling apart. Their only grain of hope lies in a vessel known as The Ark which is said to be on its way to rescue them; however the existence of The Ark is a myth planted by the main character, whose profession is to ensure that the morale is maintained.
- Jerzy Stuhr as Soft
- Krystyna Janda as Gea
- Mariusz Dmochowski as millionaire
- Kalina Jędrusik as millionaire's wife
- Marek Walczewski as Soft's boss
- Jan Nowicki as engineer
- Henryk Bista as chubby
- Leon Niemczyk as well kept
- Krzysztof Majchrzak as man in freezer
- Stanisław Igar as craftsman
- Mariusz Benoit as doctor
- Włodzimierz Musiał as Kraft
The film premiered in Poland on 28 January 1985. It was shown at the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia where Andrzej Kowalczyk won the prize for Best Production Design for his work on the film. The Polish DVD was released in December 2003 as part of a box set with two other Szulkin films, The War of the Worlds: Next Century and Ga-ga: Glory to the Heroes.
- "O-bi, o-ba. Koniec cywilizacji". filmpolski.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2010-07-24.
- Staff writer (2003-11-18). "'Ga, ga. Chwała bohaterom', 'O-bi, O-ba. Koniec cywilizacji' i 'Wojna światów - następne stulecie' - po raz pierwszy na DVD". filmweb.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2010-07-24.