Ó Cobhthaigh was the name of an Irish Brehon family from what is now County Westmeath and County Longford. There were at least three other families of the name, located in the regions of Limerick-Kerry, Down, west Cork, and Galway.
- Genealach Uí Chobthaigh: Tadhg m. Cobthaig m. Balldair m. Niocoil m. Conchabhair m. Maghnusa m. Aeda m. Donnchuidh an Daingin m. Fearguil in Dúin m. Diarmada m. Conchabhair m. Mathghamna m. Conchabhair Cearmna m. Mec-Raith m. Domnuill m. Don[n]chuidh Moir m. Cobhthaigh finn, o ttaid Ui Chobthaigh (from whom are Uí Chobthaigh) m. Dunghalaigh m. Mec-Con m. Connadh Chilline m. Feargusa mc. Ailealla, p670;
A genealogy on pp.660-61 picks up from Fearghus mac Oilill: Fearghusa m. Ailealla m. Mec-Rithe m. Conaill Claoín m. Gearain m. Duach tracing the family back to Íoth mac Breogán.
- An Clasach Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1415.
- Maeleachlainn Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1429.
- Domhnall Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1446.
- Aedh Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1452.
- Tomás Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1474.
- Murchadh Bacagh Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1478.
- Tadhg Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, fl. 1554.
- Uaithne Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, died 1556.
- Diarmait Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, fl. 1584.
- Donnchadh Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, fl. 1584.
- Muircheartach Ó Cobhthaigh, poet, fl. 1586.
- Charles Coffey, playwright and composer, died 1745.
- Brian Coffey, poet and publisher, 1905-1995.
- Ciarán Ó Cofaigh, director and producer.
- Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh, TV personality.
- Ó Cobhthaigh family, pp.435-436, in Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, volume 41, Norbury-Osbourne, September 2004.
- Genealach Uí Chobthaigh/Genealogy of Ó Cobhthaigh, pp.670-71, Leabhar na nGenealach. The Great Book of Irish Genealogies, Dubhaltach Mac Fhirbhisigh (eag./ed. Nollaig Ó Muraíle, De Burca, Dublin, 2004-05.