|Former names||Ervin J. Nutter Center (1990-2011)|
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway|
Fairborn, Ohio 45435
|Coordinates||39°46′55″N 84°3′9″W / 39.78194°N 84.05250°W|
|Owner||Wright State University|
|Operator||Wright State University|
9,919 (Ice Hockey)
11,500 (End Stage)
|Field size||Ice surface: 200 x 85 ft (61 x 26 m)|
|Opened||December 1, 1990|
US$34.5 million |
($62.6 million in 2016 dollars)
|Architect||HOK Sport / KZF Design|
|Structural engineer||KZF Design|
Wright State Raiders (NCAA) (1990–present)|
Dayton Wings (WBL) (1991–1992)
Dayton Bombers (ECHL) (1996–2009)
Dayton Warbirds (NIFL) (2005)
Dayton Bulldogs (NIFL) (2006)
The Wright State University Nutter Center (originally Ervin J. Nutter Center and commonly Nutter Center) is a multi-purpose arena located at Wright State University, in the Dayton, Ohio suburb of Fairborn. In addition to hosting the Wright State Raiders basketball team, the Nutter Center serves as a music venue for touring concerts and shows. High schools in the area also commonly use the arena to host graduation ceremonies.
A local businessman and inventor, Ervin J. Nutter, donated $1.5 million to Wright State University in 1986. Funds from both the state of Ohio and the university contributed an additional $8 million to construction efforts which began in 1988. Work was completed twenty months later and on December 1, 1990, the Nutter Center held its first official event.
- 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001 & 2007 Midwestern Collegiate Conference (now Horizon League) men's basketball tournament.
- 2014 Horizon League championship game
- The Harlem Globetrotters on December 31, 2009.
- 1993 WWE's King of the Ring 1993 tournament.
- WWE vs. ECW Head to Head special held in 2006.
- Hosted its second WWE Raw, the night following WrestleMania 23 on April 2, 2007.
- Taping of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on Tuesday May 12, 2009.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday January 4, 2010, which featured the WWE return of Bret Hart, who served as a guest host. This episode of Raw went head-to-head against wrestling promotion TNA on TV for the very first time.
- Taping of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on Tuesday December 7, 2010.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday April 30, 2012.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday November 19, 2012.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday January 20, 2014. Which Saw The Return Of The Animal Batista.
- Taping of "WWE SmackDown" on Tuesday February 10, 2015.
- Taping of "WWE SmackDown" on Tuesday January 19, 2016.
- Barack Obama's "Keeping America’s Promise" rally, on Monday, February 25, 2008.
- “Road to the Convention Rally” on August 29, 2008, at which time Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska, was announced as presumptive Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice-presidential candidate, or running mate.
- On May 17–18, 2013, the Nutter Center hosted the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2013 Science Olympiad National Tournament.
- The Nutter Center is frequently used as a competition venue for the Winter Guard International indoor percussion and color guard championships.
- E.J. Nutter Training Facility - a college football training facility at the University of Kentucky also named after Ervin J. Nutter
- The E.J. Nutter Science Center at The Miami Valley School - a science classroom wing of the Upper School also named after Ervin J. Nutter
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "About Fairborn". City of Fairborn. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Wright State University's Ervin J. Nutter Center Historical Overview". Nutter Center. Retrieved November 22, 2011.