Nußdorf am Inn
|Coordinates: 47°44′N 12°9′E / 47.733°N 12.150°ECoordinates: 47°44′N 12°9′E / 47.733°N 12.150°E|
|• Mayor||Josef Oberauer (CSU)|
|• Total||28.61 km2 (11.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Nußdorf am Inn (officially: Nußdorf a.Inn) is a municipality in the district of Rosenheim in the state of Bavaria in Germany. Nußdorf consists of 23 boroughs and is a tourist destination in the Inn Valley between the Heuberg Wendelstein mountains on the Tyrol border. Nußdorf has a pictoresque town center with Baroque churches and traditional farm houses.
Nußdorf is first mentioned in a reference to the "ecclesia Nuzdorf" (Latin for Nuzdorf church) in 788 AD. Documents mention the local noble family Clammensteiner beginning in the 12th century. The last member of said family bequeathed his fortune to both Nußdorf churches in 1402. The municipality adopted the family's coat of arms in 1950.
Because of its location in proximity to the border and along an important highway and riverway, Nußdorf was burned to the ground and plundered during the Landshut War of Succession in 1504, the attack of the Croats in 1743, and the Napoleonic Wars. The 1800 territorial reform forced a merger of Nußdorf and the neighboring municipality of Neubeuern. However, popular opposition led the municipalities to split in 1980. Today, Nußdorf am Inn again is an independent municipality.
Nußdorf has instituted a partnership with the French municipality Camblanes-et-Meynac since 1975, which consists of mutual visits and, since 2003, an annual youth exchange.
- Saint Vitus parish church
- Visitation of Mary shrine
- Saint Leonard church
- Holy Cross church (at the Tyrol border)
- Nußdorf am Inn Pool
- Nußdorf am Inn Sports Center
- Mountain trekking
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). June 2016.
This article is based on a translation of an article from the German Wikipedia.