North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
|Type of Trust|
|NHS hospital trust|
|Last annual budget|
|Website||North Tees and Hartlepool|
|Care Quality Commission reports||CQC|
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust is an NHS Foundation Trust which runs the University Hospital of North Tees (formerly North Tees General Hospital), Stockton-on-Tees and the University Hospital of Hartlepool (formerly Hartlepool General Hospital) and clinics at Peterlee Community Hospital, in County Durham, England.
Proposals for reconfiguring hospitals in the area have been under consideration since the early 1990s. A proposal to replace both existing hospitals with a new building at Wynyard is still under active consideration. and services are being transferred between sites. In October 2013 all emergency medical and critical care services were moved from Hartlepool to the University Hospital of North Tees, in Stockton. The services remaining in Hartlepool are being concentrated in the central building. The plans were suspended in October 2014 because of a lack of “high-level political support” ahead of May's general election. Stockton South MP James Wharton opposes the plans for the new hospital, arguing that £50m should be invested in North Tees. The Hartlepool Mail is campaigning to have services restored to the University Hospital of Hartlepool.
In December 2013 the Trust was one of thirteen hospital trusts named by Dr Foster Intelligence as having higher than expected higher mortality indicator scores for the period April 2012 to March 2013 in their Hospital Guide 2013.
- "Momentum". Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Wynyard Hospital: New planning application to be submitted to Hartlepool Council". Gazette Live. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton". Hartlepool Mail. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Health trust to centralise services at 'ghost town' Hartlepool hospital". Hartlepool Mail. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Doctors and high profile names against £300m 'super hospital' at Wynyard says James Wharton MP". Northern Echo. 16 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Timeline of the Hartlepool/Wynyard hospital fiasco". Hartlepool Mail. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Dr Foster identifies 13 trusts with high mortality ratios". Health Service Journal. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.