None More Black
|None More Black|
|Genres||punk rock, melodic hardcore|
|Labels||Fat Wreck Chords|
Kid Dynamite |
Ram and Ox
kill your idols
None More Black is a New Jersey-based punk rock outfit on Fat Wreck Chords, formed by lead singer / guitarist Jason Shevchuk after the demise of his previous band, Philadelphia's Kid Dynamite. Jason left Kid Dynamite so that he could finish film school, and "to sort some things out." While at school, Jason had written some songs and would play them with his roommate Dan Gross and a drum machine. By 2000, they had a second guitarist and a real drummer. That lineup soon fell apart, but by 2001 Jason and Dan had recruited Jason's brother Jeff, along with a new drummer. After recording a 7" for Sub Division Records, that lineup fell apart, this time leaving only Jeff and Jason. In 2002 (after a few more lineup changes) a solid lineup was established, featuring Paul from Kill Your Idols on bass. A demo was recorded, circulated, and the band went on to release their first full length on Fat Wreck Chords.
In January 2007 the band announced that they were going on a "hiatus" and that they would play shows every now and again. On May 19, 2008, the band announced on their MySpace page that they will be playing a free "reunion" show at the Deep Sleep photo gallery in Philadelphia, PA on July 4, 2008. Jason Shevchuk was working on a project called LaGrecia, which has since split. Colin McGinniss and Paul Delaney's outfit Ram & Ox has also called it quits. Jared Shavelson now plays drums in the hardcore band Paint It Black. Paul Delaney also currently fronts black metal/thrash act Black Anvil.
The band has released three full-lengths and two EPs. Their most recent album, titled "Icons", was released on October 26, 2010 by Fat Wreck Chords.
Former Band Members
- Nick Rotundo- drums
- Mike McEvoy - drums
- David Wagenschutz - drums
- Emmett Menke - drums
- Jared Shavelson-drums
- Dan Gross-bass
Full Length Albums
- None More Black (Demo) - 2002
Singles and EPs
- Seven Inch (Sub-Division, 2001) - 7"
- Loud About Loathing (Sabot, 2004) - EP
- In Honor: A Compilation To Beat Cancer (Vagrant, 2004) - "They Got Milkshakes"
- Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 (Fat, 2004) - "Nothing To Do When You're Locked In A Vacancy"
- Prisoners Of War: A Benefit For Peter Young (The Saturday Team, 2007) - "Burning Up The Headphones"
- Wrecktrospective (Fat, 2009) - "Slytherin? My Ass!"
- Will Yip:Off The Board (2013) - That Thing That Separates Em
- "Dinner's for Suckers" (2003)
- "Under My Feet" (2006)