He sang, played the bağlama and composed folk songs.
He was also director and conductor of the TRT's Ankara Radio Turkish Folk Music Ensemble for many years from 1966.
His wife Neriman Altındağ Tüfekçi also was a Turkish folk singer. They left behind a daughter, Gamze (born 1958).
He died of a heart attack.
A concert was organized in Muğla in his memory on 20 December 2013.
- Varlık yıllığı (in Turkish). Varlık Yayınevi. 1982. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Gülensoy, Tuncer (1991-01-01). Erciyes Yöresi Folklor, Halk Edebiyatı ve Etnografya Sempozyumu (1, 1990) (in Turkish). Kayseri: Erciyes Üniversitesi - I. Folklor, Halk Edebiyatı ve Etnografya Sempozyumu. p. 390. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "Nida Tüfekçi'yi Anma Konseri". Haberler (in Turkish). 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Nida Tüfekçi playing the bağlama and singing "Dersini Almış da Ediyor Ezber" at TRT4 TV
- Yozgat Sürmelisi, a song by Nida Tüfekçi on YouTube