Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Joerg Heber|
|License||Creative Commons licenses|
Nature Communications is a peer-reviewed open access scientific journal published by the Nature Publishing Group since 2010. It covers the natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, Earth sciences, and biology.
The editor-in-chief was Joerg Heber. The founding editor-in-chief was Lesley Anson. The journal has editorial offices in London, New York City, and Shanghai.
Starting October 2014, the journal only accepted submissions from authors willing to pay an article processing charge, and until the end of 2015, part of the published submissions were only available to subscribers. In January 2016, all content became freely accessible to the public.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- The Zoological Record
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- "PLOS appoints Dr. Joerg Heber Editor-in-Chief of PLOS ONE | The Official PLOS Blog". The Official PLOS Blog. 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Open Access". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". Directory of Open Access Journals. Retrieved 2016-06-11.
- "Nature Communications". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nature Communications.|