|Birth name||Alexander Akiloe Philip Modiano|
|Born||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Genres||Reggae, Pop, ska, soul|
Born Alexander Akiloe Philip Modiano in 1983 in San Francisco, California. Natty moved to London, England with his family at the age of one, and was educated at Highgate School. His musical eclecticism of today reflects the differing tastes of his parents. His white father, being English of Italian descent, loved the classic folk music of Neil Young and Bob Dylan. His mother is Black from Southern Africa - was very into Motown, Al Green, Sixties Jamaican music and Afro-Beat. Having started writing songs at an early age, he eventually found himself working in a London recording studio as a tea boy before working his way up to become a sound engineer, working mainly with indie rock acts.
Natty's first full single release, "July", entered the UK Singles Charts on 27 July 2008 at number 68. On 4 August 2008 Natty released his debut album Man like I, featuring songs including "Cold Town" and "July". "July" had an official remix produced by Crazy Cousinz and co-produced by Nat Powers. Man Like I entered the UK Album Charts on 10 August 2008 at number 21. In May and June 2008 Natty began his first solo headline tour with support from Smoke Feathers and Elvin. Natty recently played with Sam Duckworth (Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly) performing a cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division. Instrumental versions of his songs Badman and Coloured Souls appeared in the Electronic Arts videogame Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09.
In September 2011, Natty scored his first American tour, opening up for Reggae Artist Ziggy Marley.
- Man like I (4 August 2008) UK #21
- "Things I've Done" (2010)
- "Change" (2011)
- "Out of Fire" (2012)
- "Badman" (7" vinyl only - 500 copies) JP #2
- "Cold Town" (7" vinyl only) UK #130
- "July" UK #53
- "Bedroom Eyes" (released 29 September 2008)
- "Coloured Souls"
- " If I"
Non Album & Unreleased Tracks
- Officer - July single B-side
- The King had a dream. January 2009.
- Days of Fire - London Undersound - Nitin Sawhney
- "Songwriter/Composer: MODIANO ALEXANDER AKILOE PHILIP". BMI Repertoire. Broadcast Music Incorporated. Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- Natty interview by Pete Lewis, 'Blues & Soul' May 2008
- "The Official UK Albums Chart for the week ending 16 August 2008". ChartsPlus. Milton Keynes: IQ Ware Ltd (364): 5–8.
- "The Official UK Singles Chart for the week ending 24 May 2008". ChartsPlus. Milton Keynes: IQ Ware Ltd (352): 1–4.
- "The Official UK Singles Chart for the week ending 9 August 2008". ChartsPlus. Milton Keynes: IQ Ware Ltd (363): 1–4.