Nannestad within Akershus
|Coordinates: 60°14′44″N 10°57′10″E / 60.24556°N 10.95278°ECoordinates: 60°14′44″N 10°57′10″E / 60.24556°N 10.95278°E|
|• Mayor (2007-)||Anne-Ragni K. Amundsen (Ap)|
|• Total||341 km2 (132 sq mi)|
|• Land||324 km2 (125 sq mi)|
|Area rank||259 in Norway|
|• Total||11 362|
|• Rank||102 in Norway|
|• Density||31/km2 (80/sq mi)|
|• Change (10 years)||23.0 %|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-0238|
|Official language form||Bokmål|
Nannestad is a municipality in Akershus county, Norway. It is part of the traditional region of Romerike. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Teigebyen. Nannestad was established as a municipality on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt).
The municipality (originally the parish) is named after the old Nannestad farm (Old Norse: Nannastaðir), since the first church was built here. The first element is the genitive case of Nanni (an old Norse male name) and the last element is staðir which means "homestead" or "farm".
Nannestad is located in northwestern Akershus county, with inhabitants concentrated at Romerikssletta. It includes the villages of Maura, Holter and Teigebyen, the latter being the administrative centre.
- Nannestad torg (plaza)
- Nannestad videregående skole (high school)
- Field of Nannestad
- "Navn på steder og personer: Innbyggjarnamn" (in Norwegian). Språkrådet. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Kommunevåpen" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Immigrants and Norwegian-born to immigrant parents, by immigration category, country background and percentages of the population". ssb.no. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Media related to Nannestad at Wikimedia Commons
- The dictionary definition of Nannestad at Wiktionary
- Municipal fact sheet from Statistics Norway
- Akershus travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Municipality website (Norwegian)