Myrtle Abigail Porlucas Sarrosa|
December 7, 1994
Iloilo City, Iloilo, Philippines
|Education||University of the Philippines Diliman|
|Occupation||Cosplayer, Actress, Singer, VJ, Dancer|
|Agent||Star Magic (2012–present)|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Labels||Ivory Music & Video (2016-present)|
Myrtle Sarrosa (born Myrtle Abigail Porlucas Sarrosa; December 7, 1994) is a Filipina actress, cosplayer, host and recording artist. Sarrosa rose to prominence after being declared the Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4 Big Winner. Sarrosa is the Sangguniang Kabataan President in her hometown Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo. Sarrosa is currently managed and under contract to Star Magic, ABS-CBN's home based talent agency where she was launched as one of the Star Magic Angels.
Sarrosa is the Official VJ or Anime Jockey for Hero TV, a court side reporter for ABS-CBN Sports and Action's NCAA Basketball Championship (Philippines) Season 91 and a feature host for the morning show, Umagang Kay Ganda. Sarrosa is also known as one of the eight celebrity performers on the second season of the show, Your Face Sounds Familiar. Sarrosa was named one of the top ten most popular Cosplayers in 2014.
Myrtle Sarrosa was born to Rodolfo Sarrosa Jr., a Filipino politician and Fatima Porlucas Sarrosa, a Filipina accountant. Sarrosa was born and raised in Iloilo City, Visayas, Philippines with one older sibling. At 14, Sarrosa started participating in Cosplay Conventions and won several awards for cosplaying in the Philippines.
In 2010, Sarrosa also became the Sanggunian Kabataan (English: Youth Council) President of her municipality, Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo, Philippines. Before joining Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4, Sarrosa was an accounting student of the University of the Philippines Visayas but later on decided to move to the university's Diliman campus to take-up BA Broadcast Communication instead. She is set to graduate in 2016.
She had a relationship to Sen. Grace Poe-Llamanzares' son Brian.
Pinoy Big Brother
Sarrosa was dubbed Cosplay Cutie ng Iloilo, Sarrosa entered the house of Big Brother on Day 2 together with the other female housemates. On Day 91 at the Malolos Sports and Convention Center in Bulacan, she was declared the Big Winner after garnering a massive 33.92% percent of internet votes and triumphed over Karen Reyes with 11.91%, Roy Requejo with 9.38%, and twins Jai and Joj Agpangan with 9.26%.
In 2012, after winning Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4, Sarrosa launched her acting and recording career in the Philippines. Sarrosa joined the cast of the Filipino television-drama, Kahit Puso'y Masugatan, together with her on-screen love partners, Kit Thompson and Yves Flores. Sarrosa and Young JV also released their digital single entitled, "Your Name", which ranked Number 1 on MYX's, Myx Mobile Top Picks. Later, Sarrosa started her hosting career by becoming the Official VJ or Anime Jockey for Hero TV. Sarrosa was also cast as Lola Myrtle or Tita Maristela on the Filipino comedy sitcom, TodaMax, co-starring with Vhong Navarro, Angel Locsin, Pokwang and Ai-Ai delas Alas where she became a part of the sitcom for two years.
In 2013, Sarrosa released a self-titled album under Star Records with the carrier single "Mr. Kupido", which was originally sung by Rachel Alejandro. The official music video for her song starred Sarrosa and Enrique Gil. Sarrosa also became the official resident cosplay judge for the first Philippine cosplay show, iCosplay where she gave tips and comments to cosplayers on how to improve their cosplaying skills. Later that year till the beginning of the year 2014, Sarrosa also became a part of the television series Moon of Desire as Anise.
In February 2015, she joined by her PBB Teen predecessor James Reid and Nadine Lustre, for Maalaala Mo Kaya's Valentines episode "Signs of Love" and joined Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano in the television series, Forevermore. She began as a regular feature host for the morning show Umagang Kay Ganda after her first appearance on the show in March 2015. She also became a part of the fourth batch of lucky stars in the game show, Kapamilya Deal or No Deal where she won a prize of over a hundred thousand which she donated to 29 Barangay Daycares in her home province, Iloilo City, Philippines. She has also announced her appearance in the upcoming film, The Bet starring her Forevermore co-stars Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano. Since the NCAA returns to ABS-CBN Sports+Action 23, she is tabbed to be the courtside reporter. On July 11, 2015,
Sarrosa is an advocate for youth. She is the Sanggunian Kabataan President in her home municipality and an active participant in programs and fundraising projects by Ako Ang Simula and Sagip Kapamilya. On December 6, 2012, Sarrosa held a feeding program for 29 barangays in Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo and donated chairs for 10 barangay day cares. On December 9, 2012, Sarrosa celebrated her 18th birthday with cancer patients from Pedis Hema Onco with the help of Ako Ang Simula and her endorsement, Lolita.
|Once A Princess||Helen||Star Cinema|
|2015||Just The Way You Are||Bea|
|2012||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4||Housemate/Big Winner||ABS-CBN|
|2012–13||Kahit Puso'y Masugatan||Monique Santos|
|Toda Max||Tita Maristela|
|2013||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Family Picture||Gina|
|2014||Moon of Desire||Anise|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya: Sulat||Kate|
|Ipaglaban Mo: Love Ko Si Sir||Dolly Ramos|
|2015||Umagang Kay Ganda||Herself as Host|
|Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal||One of the Lucky Stars #11|
|Malaala Mo Kaya: Stuffed Toy||Carmina|
|Your Face Sounds Familiar Season 2||Herself/Performer|
|2016||FPJ's Ang Probinsyano||Doreen Villaluna|
|Ipaglaban Mo: Hayok||Ellen|
|My Super D||Cherry|
|Minute to Win It||Herself - Last Man Standing|
- Mr. Kupido
- Mr. Pakipot
Awards and nominations
|2012||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4||Big Winner||Herself||Won|
|ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2012||Pop Female Cutie|
|26th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best New Female TV Personality||Toda Max||Nominated|
|10th Golden Screen Awards||Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by an Actress|
- "Myrtle Sarrosa wins PBB Teen Edition 4" July 08, 2012, SunStar
- "Myrtle Is Teen Big Winner of 'PBB Teen Edition 4'" July 8, 2012, Manila Bulletin
- "Myrtle releases her digital single together with her fellow Ilonggo Singer/Rapper, Young JV, entitled "Your Name"" retrieved on September 1, 2012 via myrtlegail.com.
- "Myrtle Gail, HERO TV’s Official Anime Jock" September 1, 2012, AnimePHProject
- "10 Of The Most Popular Cosplayers In The World". therichest. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120609052411/http://pbb.abs-cbn.com/housemates/d3d9446802a44259755d38e6d163e820.html. Archived from the original on June 9, 2012. Retrieved July 18, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Myrtle Sarrosa - What you need to know about her". Whatswithjeff.com. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "Iloilo 'cutie' wins PBB Teen Edition 4" July 08, 2012, ABS-CBN News
- "Housemate Profile: Myrtle Sarrosa" April 08, 2012, 2012, PBB.ABS CBN
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120802035558/http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/07/30/12/pbb%E2%80%99s-myrtle-join-kahit-pusoy-masugatan. Archived from the original on August 2, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Myrtle now a recurring cast in TodaMax" retrieved on November 9, 2012 via myrtlegail.com.
- "Former PBB housemate is new courtside reporter of NCAA for Season 91". Spin.ph. June 22, 2015.
- Myrtle to celebrate debut with cancer kids (December 2012). She never fails to share her blessings. ABSCBN News retrieved January 21, 2012
- "Myrtle Sarrosa Album by Myrtle Sarrosa - MyMusicStore - Your biggest choice in music". Opm.mymusicstore.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- Official website
- Myrtle Sarrosa at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website of Pinoy Big Brother