My Super D
|My Super D|
|Genre||Fantasy, Family drama, Action, Comedy|
Rondel P. Lindayag
Dindo C. Perez,
Roldeo T. Endrinal|
Julie Anne R. Benitez
John Anthony Rodulfo
Lino S. Cayetano
Claudio Tots Sanchez Mariscal IV
|Creative director(s)||Johnny Delos Santos|
Andito Lang Ako|
by Jugs Jugueta and Teddy Corpuz
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||64 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jennifer Soliman-Bolalin|
|Location(s)||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
Dreamscape Entertainment Television|
Mothership (visual effects)
|Original release||April 18 – July 15, 2016|
|My Super D|
My Super D is a 2016 Philippine superhero fantasy drama television series directed by Frasco Mortiz and Lino Cayetano, starring Dominic Ochoa, Marco Masa and Bianca Manalo. The series premiered on ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida evening block and worldwide on The Filipino Channel on April 18, 2016, replacing My Love Donna and Game ng Bayan. This is Dominic Ochoa's very first lead role after playing supporting roles in numerous teleseryes.
The original Super D, Delta (Richard Yap), a being from another planet who draws his power from a blue diamond, is a superhero who saves the lives of many people, including a barangay captain named Dado (Ronnie Lazaro), who was in turn inspired by the heroism of Super D and dedicates his life in serving others. His wife Belen (Sylvia Sanchez) gives birth to a son named Dodong (Marc Santiago) considered Super D as his idol during his childhood, and met Nicole and Tony with whom he befriended.
A crime lord named Don Zulueta (Ronaldo Valdez), knowing Super D's secret, used a woman (Precious Lara Quigaman) to pin him down. Super D fell in love with this woman, without both of them knowing the Don's plan. Don Zulueta's criminal group was able to kill Super D. To prove the superhero's death, the criminals led by Zulueta's henchmen Fredo (Simon Ibarra) bombed a shopping mall, where Dado is among the casualties of the bombing.
Dodong (Dominic Ochoa), grew up as an adult, ended up marrying Nicole (Bianca Manalo), and they had a family with their son Dennis (Marco Masa). Dodong, a construction worker, got involved accident at the site he was working in. Tony (Marvin Agustin), instead of helping Dodong, hired a lawyer to get Dodong imprisoned. While Dodong was imprisoned, Tony took Nicole and Dennis for himself. Later in the story, Pablo (Nonie Buencamino), a graphic artist and trusted friend of the original Super D, helps Dodong. Also with the graphic artist's help, Dodong was able to find the blue diamond and became the next Super D.
- Dominic Ochoa as Rudolfo "Dodong" Aguilar / Super D 2.0
- Marco Masa as Dennis Aguilar / Super Dennis 2.3
- Bianca Manalo as Nicole Ramirez-Aguilar
- Marvin Agustin as Anthony "Tony" Yaneza / Zulu 2.0
- Sylvia Sanchez as Evelyn "Belen" Bermudez-Aguilar
- Nonie Buencamino as Pablo Mateo
- Ronaldo Valdez as Don Ramoncito "Ramon" Zulueta / Heneral Zulu
- Myrtle Sarrosa as Cherry
- Simon Ibarra as Alfredo "Fredo" Suarez
- Jayson Gainza as Oscar
- Jason Francisco as Michael
- Marina Benipayo as Teresa Ramirez
- Atoy Co as Mang Dick
- Bong Regala as Francis Ramirez
- Ryan Rems as Steve
- Jef Gaitan as Apple
- Louie Domingo as Peaches
- David Chua as Doc Oks
- Gerard Acao as Rocky
- Dentrix Ponce as Boyet
- Daniella Tolentino as Ikay
- Ping Medina as Mario Brother 1
- Alex Medina as Mario Brother 2
- Benj Manalo as Mario Brother 3
- Bradley Holmes
- Bernard Palanca as Pedro
- Sarah Lahbati as Ulah / Tiradora
- Niño Muhlach as Kiko / Negastar
- Fourth Solomon as Bill
- Fifth Solomon as Billy
- Richard Yap as Delta / original Super D
- Ronnie Lazaro as Dado Aguilar
- Yuguz Garcia as young Dennis Aguilar
- Marc Santiago as young Dodong Aguilar
- Francis Magundayao as teenage Dodong Aguilar
- Cessa Moncera as young Nicole Ramirez
- JB Agustin as young Tony Yaneza
- John Bermundo as teenage Michael
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Mikaela
- Jairus Aquino as teenage Tony Yaneza
|Pilot Episode||Finale Episode||Peak||Average|
April 18, 2016
July 15, 2016
July 7, 2016
My Super D is directed by Frasco Mortiz and Lino Cayetano. The series is Cayetano's first project since his 3-year break from directing.
The concept behind My Super D according to the production staff is that "everyone can be a superhero regardless of physicality." According to Mortiz, the My Super D is produced as a series "for all ages" citing that there are superhero-themed series aimed only for mature audience. Commenting on what constitutes a hero in context of the series' production "When we say superhero, what instantly comes to mind is the conventional kind — strong and muscled body — but we must not forget that a superhero possesses a good heart, too, not just all muscles." He also remarked that there are action scenes yet these have very light treatment. Before the airing of the first episode, Mortiz expressed his enthusiasm on the opportunity to teach values to children viewers through the show such as the importance of not forgetting to pray.
My Super D was reported to replace Pasión de Amor on February 29, 2016, but was postponed because of We Will Survive and moved to summer season. The telenovela replaced My Love Donna and Game ng Bayan.
- My Super D Trailer 1: Starting April 18 on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida!
- My Super D Trailer 2: Starting April 18 on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida!
- "Richard Yap takes flight as 'Super D'". ABS-CBN News. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Dominic Ochoa gets first title role in 'My Super D'". ABS-CBN News. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Martinez-Belen, Crispina (15 April 2016). "Dominic Ochoa to give all on 'My Super D'". The Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "National TV Ratings (April 18 , 2016 – Monday)". abscbnpr.com. April 19, 2016. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- "NATIONAL TV RATINGS (JULY 15-17, 2016)". abscbnpr.com. July 18, 2016. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- "NATIONAL TV RATINGS (JULY 7, 2016 - THURSDAY)". abscbnpr.com. July 8, 2016. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Lino Cayetano takes a break from politics, returns to directing". Philippine Entertainment Portal. April 14, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2016.
- Gloriosa, Bot (18 April 2016). "How My Super D made the stars cry". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Bautista, Mario (17 April 2016). "Why Bianca cried during presscon?" (in English and Filipino). Journal Online. Retrieved 18 April 2016.